Sunday, January 15, 2006

Considering a Comment Policy

My previous post on the blog of NTUC Income CEO has been getting some attention of late. Within the last two weeks or so, three comments have been posted (after this one). A few minutes ago, I removed two of the latest posting from "Veronica" and "Those Who Know". Reasons stated here.

While I advocate bloggers and commenters to identify themselves, I'm perfectly fine with anonymous comments. There are people who might feel a bit shy about leaving their name for the Whole Wide World to see. But attacks on persons or personalities are strictly no-no.

We challenge the Idea; not the Individual.

Perhaps I should post a Blog Comment Policy -- something like this. But not yet. I'm not changing my comment feature setting just yet. I can still manage the load since I don't have regular commenters by the thousands, hundred, tens.

Tag:

2 comments:

  1. hmmmmm well, i agree on the attacks a nono bit. however, people do have to HAVE the sense to censor what they write. after all, we don't go saying whatever we like. its just - not nice. :)

    i love children literature. anything to recommend for reading to lower primary kids?

    ps. im not naughty. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:37 am

    Hi Ivan,

    IMHO, it's YOUR blog and can set whatever comment policy you wish. If I were a paid subscriber to a blog, I might feel I had some right to say how that blog operates. But as far as I can tell, your blog is a labor of love and a gift to its readers.

    You know me - I am totally against anonymous communications of any kind. It reeks of cowardice to me. If you don't have the courage to sign it, don't say it!

    DOUGLAS A JOHNSON
    dougj@doug-johnson.com

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.