Thursday, January 12, 2006

The blog course that didn't happen

I was scheduled to conduct an Introduction to Blogging course (including related technologies like RSS), organised by the Library Association of Singapore (LAS). However, the session was cancelled. The LAS organising committee decided on a minimum of 10 participants. I was told there were only 5 who signed up.

Too bad. Was really looking forward to sharing ideas with fellow colleagues from other libraries in Singapore. Had prepared loads of examples of what overseas librarians and libraries are doing w.r.t. blogs etc. I even had a vision of the course participants populating Frappr.

I wonder why there weren't more participants. Was it the choice of the venue? The fees charged by LAS? The date and timing? Or that they already know about blogs but weren't interested? Or heaven forbid, they have an issue with the Trainer!? I hope not -- Heh heh : )

Maybe I'll suggest to LAS to have Rejection-Feedback forms. I mean, it's common to solicit feedback from participants after the programme, to identify areas for improvement and to continue with areas done well. So it makes sense to have Rejection-Feedback forms too.

I have another training opportunity coming up, this time with Preetam as co-presenter. Will blog about it soon.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:08 pm

    A fee? I know I would be put off by that, but then I am probably not your target audience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:47 pm

    Wanted to attend with another colleague but course was cancelled before we could confirm. Think notice on the course was sent out too late. And also the fee is a bit high for a 4 hour course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anonymous, I'll feedback to LAS (they set the fees; I just offered to train). BTW, had you attended the training, I think you'd be more comfortable identifying yourself rather than being anonymous -- I'm presuming you're a LAS member of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:40 pm

    Hi Ivan!!! I'm so glad that there's a repeat of your Blogging course on 4th Aug as I badly wanted to go for your 19 Jul course but could not. Looking forward to hearing you on that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JolinDDiva, you've signed up for a blogger account. That's half my job done for the course : ) kidding... Look forward to meeting you at the course.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.