Interestingly, the posts that spelt BICL in full (Bishan Community Library) seemed to be mostly by older persons, while those that just used the (less accurate) term "Bishan Library" seemed to be mostly by students around 16 years old or thereabouts. I figured they were students from the tone and writing style. And you can't miss when tHey tYPe liKe Dis! :)
Some of the more interesting posts (there are more but I didn't have time to read them all):
- RI student, Benjamin, provides a very neat "Guide to Library-Hopping, Part One: List of Libraries Near MRT Stations" (I've left him a comment to know when Part 2 is out)
- I like this blog for the interesting frontpage graphic (where it shows a mindmap of sorts). Found this post back in June 2006, about a Community Involvement Programme (CIP) at certain libraries. The blog name is rather violent though (guys, wear groin guards!)
- This blogger was raving about BICL even before it opened. It's all good, as far as I'm concerned : )
- This blogger wants to bring (2 kids?) to "ransack the whole place" -- I'm sure it was posted in jest :)
- This student planned to study at BICL -- uh oh, don't cross path with this blogger who has an issue with students doing self-studying in libraries! Take it easy folks. Don't go flaming in each other's blog, OK? Heh. I've blogged about this issue before so I won't repeat myself here.
- I'm told that "the library was buzzing" (scroll to end of the post) by this blogger, who also shared some insights why he stopped visiting the library for a while.
- David, who is on the other side of the planet, learnt about BICL from reading my earlier post.
- This blogger got her secret wish answered (perhaps she would blog about BICL if she made a visit. I'd love to know what she thought of it).
- Rana blogged about his visit to "the new library in Singapore" and adds that NLB is "doing a great job of bringing libraries closer to the people" (I'm sure my colleagues will be pleased to know that). He's also posted a few pictures of the opening day crowd, like this and this one.
- Patrick mentions one of BICL's programme in this blog post of his, where he posts what he thinks are interesting upcoming library events.
- Pearl "happened to pass by" the new library and borrowed some books (good for her).
- This blogger mentioned about "Kiasu Singaporeans" who were "rushing to see who could read the untouched books first"
With blogs (and search tools to retrieve relevant blog posts), I'm learning a lot more about what our users feel about libraries -- their likes and dislikes, perceptions and observations -- stuff they don't necessarily write or tell us otherwise.
Technorati Tag: singapore libraries, bishan community library