Sunday, December 04, 2005

My very first audio recording for the Blogosphere

I've been slow in trying out podcasting. This isn't a podcast. Just my attempt at recording and sharing online. Baby steps... [I discovered I could provide a RSS feed for the audio, so I guess I am podcasting.]

Title: RamblingLibrarian reads D. H. Lawrence's "Self Pity"
Length: 00:19

David Herbert Lawrence (1885-1930) -- "Self-Pity":
I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.



powered by ODEO


Here's the MP3 file.

This is the RSS feed for updates to my Odeo account: http://odeo.com/profile/Ramblinglibrarian/rss (If you are new to RSS, what you do is copy the URL and paste in your preferred feed reader. Try Bloglines if you want to get a feed reader.)

Maybe I'll try a short book review next. Ideas, suggestions, comments, constructive criticisms are most welcome.


Tag:

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:57 am

    Mellifluous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:37 am

    I'm a poet from Canada, and I'm very excited about the potential of recent developments in internet-audio for spoken word poetry.

    You might also be interested in the Favorite Poem Project, where Americans read their favorite poems. My hope is that "podcasting" will make this sort of thing possible on a global scale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Doug.

    Maureen, thanks for sharing that. Favourite Poem Project -- what a brilliant idea! I noticed there's a email subscription service at the site. In line with the idea of podcasting, perhaps the organisers should offer a RSS feed as an alternative to email alerts. I'd sign up for the feed in an instance.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.