Friday, December 02, 2005

Danish library student starts blog for Singapore/ Denmark exchange programme

Anders A. K. Nielsen (22 years of age), currently at the end of his third semester at the Royal School of Library and Information Science in Denmark (Aalborg branch), wants to come to Singapore for his fifth semester studies, at Temasek Polytechnic.

He's started a blog for this:
...this would be an ideal place to write about my preparations before going, and later on, about my experiences in Singapore.

This blog will probably not offer much for the random reader, but I believe that it will work well as a place for me to jot down my notes on my preparations before going, and will serve as a means of communication to the people in Denmark.


I got to know Anders (aka Lofi) when he left a comment in an earlier post. I was intrigued by his comment and emailed him to ask where he worked and if he had a blog. He was a library science student and he didn't have a blog.

Then one day Anders wrote to me about a student exchange programme that he was considering. He has posted a very detailed sequence of events here.

I'm impressed by his clarity of thought and his very organised pursuit of his goal to study in Singapore. Am also impressed by his use of a blog to chronicle his thoughts and activities that focuses on the exchange programme. It's an online diary now, but once he completes his exchange programme (of which I'm confident it will materialise, given his apparent drive) it will be an invaluable archive of his Singapore adventure.

I have a greater appreciation of the context from his perspective just by reading his 3 posts. He's shared far more in his blog than what he and I would have exchanged over email. I'm certainly going to use his blog as an example of education-related blogs.

Anders would make a very good librarian, I think -- if he isn't considered as one already.


Tag:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.