Friday, December 30, 2005

Flowers (or, "I did this - part 2")

Since I've had positive responses to my previous art-post, here are some paintings of flowers that were done some time ago.

The ones for SSEAYP 2001 were given away to host families in Japan, Philippines and Brunei. The remaining three were given to friends (our batch didn't complete the entire journey. We missed Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam). In the off-chance that you have one of the painting and you are reading this post, leave a comment. I'd love to know if you still have it : )

Oh, and if you know the names of the orchids, leave a comment. I copied them from a book but forgot to write down their names.

1996 (May) Flowers
Untitled - May 1996. Watercolour on drawing paper.
This was a still-life study of plastic flowers that were in a vase, on top of the TV cabinet at my parent's place. I remember in was during school term break. For some reason, I took particular notice of the flowers even though they had been there for ages. One of those artist-moments when you have that feeling of "Hey, I think I can draw/ paint this!"


SSEAYP  009
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
This is my favourite. Given to my host family in Japan.


SSEAYP 011
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
I think this was given to a friend on board the ship.


SSEAYP 005
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
To host family in Brunei? Can't remember.


SSEAYP 008
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
I think this was given to PPY Nick (hey Nick, you reading this?)


SSEAYP 006
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
I have no idea who I gave this to.


SSEAYP 010
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
I think this was given to my host family in the Philippines. It's another favourite of mine.


SSEAYP 007
Untitled - Aug 2001 (for SSEAYP 2001). Watercolour on watercolour paper.
Must have given this to another PY on the ship.


You know, since Blogger does not allow me to create categories like Moveable Type or Typepad, I was thinking of creating another blog for my art-related posts. Do you know of such blogs? Please leave a url as a comment.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:33 am

    Try Wordpress.com, they offer free accounts also like blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother!

    Did not see this before in your cd collection the other time when you came. Looks pro from the blog siah! Try auctioning it...might get reply from potential buyers :)

    reminds me of the time we did watercolour in our secondary school days...too bad we threw away so many of them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Ivan. I didn't know you have such an artistic side too.

    One of the things which I will like to feature in our upcoming museums/heritage blog are stuff like this. Personal collections, artworks and memorabilia. Some of these things are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments, all. You know, I look at these paintings again and I wonder if I can produce a similar quality... been out of practice. Probably need to fast and meditate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your artwork is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah! nice nice!!! very talented man u are, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:36 pm

    This is simply brilliant! I didn't know that was possible. Stumbled it for you.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.