Saturday, December 17, 2005

Breaking out of the shell

A few days ago, a friend gave me a Christmas card and a gift -- a baby dinosaur figurine. He wrote some thoughtful words in the card and since libraries were mentioned, I decided to post an excerpt here:
I love books too. My fondest reading memories were from the Toa Payoh and AMK libraries, especially the latter. I used to stay in [---]. To reach AMK library, I will need to cross the road to the side where AMK MRT Station was. I would cross at the overhead bridge to AMK Park &... I was afraid of heights! These trips to the library not only helped to build up my knowledge, it also built up my courage to overcome my fear of heights.
17dec05 00117dec05 006
Knowledge and courage goes hand-in-hand. Like this present you are receiving. For me, it represents good ideas coming out of the shell, ideas natural & wholesome, & we have the responsibility to let them blossom & not become extinct! Hope you like it.


Yes, friend. Your gifts of symbol and words are much appreciated.


Tag: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.