Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Podcast: We Stand Unbroken (2007)


powered by ODEO
unbroken |ˌənˈbrōkən|
adjective
not broken, fractured, or damaged

Listen/ download from Odeo.com or Archive.org. Highlights of "how its done" at My Right Brain.

Why did I call it "Unbroken"?

It just felt right. It's about facing and overcoming adversity. Doing what we must in spite of our fears.

No, I didn't do this piece because of the Virginia Tech Massacre. But for what it's worth, I'm dedicating it to the victims.

Thanks to Lunarin for inspiring this piece. I heard one song from their Chrysalis album and was hooked. Bought their CD. Was inspired by track two, "Dry", and wanted to create a track with that sound. It's nowhere as good as theirs though, but that's not the point :)


I tell my friends Lunarin's music is "New Age meets Heavy Metal". They even have a Wikipedia entry. I've added them to the Singapore Social Media Directory (under Group A - N).

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:22 am

    i like this song, ivan. your playing gets better and better with each new post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:19 am

    hahaha, and I thought you did this because of the ministerial pay hike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:56 pm

    hey brother!!....real cool!!...must teach me how u create this when i come back...u have great talents brother!

    eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it should be used for movies; e.g. CSI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bit of electric guitar riffs there. I feel this has a bit more "oomph" than your earlier compositions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:51 am

    nice track!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.