Sunday, April 08, 2007

Ordinary People (Mix 2)

A few hours ago, Vanessa posted her own version of John Legend’s ‘Ordinary People’. Listen via the Flash player below:

powered by ODEO

I’ve never heard of that song before, nor have I heard of "John Legend". Vanessa did a nice job with the piano and singing. Since I was itching for something to play on my guitar, I decided to add a guitar track to Vanessa’s recording. About three hours later, here’s Mix 2:

powered by ODEO
[Details of how it was recorded, over at MyRightBrain]

After listening to Vanessa's version, and doing Mix #2, I was curious who's John Legend. So I found this John Legend webpage. You can listen to the songs and view his music videos too (here's the QuickTime version of the Ordinary People music video).

He's good!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:41 am

    awesome!

    This is the first time I'm seeing "open source music" in action!

    I'm both amused and impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melvin. Actually this is the second mashup I did with Vanessa. Here's the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:25 pm

    Heh, thanks for the remix. I think you should have your own solo for one verse!

    BTW, this is my account of John Legend's concert in Singapore earlier this year: http://vantan.org/archives/2007/01/john_legend_one.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had fun. Nice one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.