Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Highlights from Singapore LibraryBlogLand (March 2007)

Some posts that caught my eye, from Singapore LibraryBlogLand* in March 2007:

1) Library equals class
QQ*librarian spots a menswear brand called "Library" while shopping recently.


2) LAS AGM: Singapore to bid for IFLA 2010
Damien blogs about the 2007 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Library Association of Singapore (LAS). What interested me was the discussion on whether to bid for Singapore to play host for IFLA 2010. Particularly, item 3:
"A third opinion dwelled on the level of professionalism of our professionals. Some felt that we are less worthy to host IFLA 2010 because our level of professionalism was nowhere near that of the other 5 countries."
I wasn't at the AGM. Which might have been a good thing. I might not have been able to control myself. "Less worthy"? Only if you think you are. And your actions tend to follow what you think.


3) Web Archive Singapore Phase 2
Singaporean bloggers like mrbrown would be pleased to know that blogs like his would now qualify for Phase 2 of the Web Archive Singapore (WAS) project (as reported at the LAS blog). Would mrbrown & gang do a follow-up to the earlier "Deeply Cultural" episode? LOL

Oooh, I'm flattered my blog is considered as archive-worthy (darn, I'd have to work harder to pretend that I know what I'm talking about):
The content is produced by individuals who are authoritative and/or are known in their fields of knowledge (e.g.: Air-conditioned Nation blog owned by veteran journalist Cherian George, Rambling Librarian blog consisting of mostly library-related postings by a Librarian)

That's all for now. Compared to 2004 and 2005, there are a lot more Singapore library and librarian blogs to start some semi-regular 'Singapore LibraryBlogLand' column. Which reminds me -- I've not been catching up on my RSS feeds lately. Have been hitting the books instead :)

* This term was unabashedly copied from bentley's weekly postings, like this and this one (I won't try to match his weekly updates though).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.