Saturday, June 11, 2005

Endorsement for NLB libraries

Some days I question myself, "Why do I bother to work so hard? Is the library service making a difference in the lives of our users? What if all this is for nothing?"

Then I read a post like this, and self-doubt vanishes. I throw myself into work with confidence.

... I love love love the library...

There were a few times that I secretly cursed the library for being so fast and wished that I didn’t purchase a book on impulse.

Talking about delighting a customer. I think many other government organizations have a lot to learn from them.

Thanks, Mel!

Tag: , , ,


  1. I also think that the libraries in Singapore have improved and moved with the times so much in recent years. I've been a regular Borrower since primary school and never did i once consider our singapore libraries to be outdated or slow. in fact, I think it's one aspect of Public Service that has visiually improved the most!

  2. faren2:53 pm

    When I pay taxes, I imagine them going to NLB. Then I feel better.

  3. Hehe, so do I get one year free premier membership for the endorsement? Just kidding. But really, NLB has improved by leaps and bounds. I really appreciate the hard work you guys put in, thanks!

  4. *premium (bah, stupid typo)

  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  6. By the way, when did Nicholas Sparks' book, True Believer, first become available for loan from any branch of the NLB?

  7. When did it first became available? Sorry, I can't say for sure at the moment. I estimate it's early June 05.


Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)