Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Public library event: Blogging for Senior Citizens

Mr. Lam Chun See (goodmorningyesterday.blogspot.com), arguably the oldest blogger in Singapore, would be conducting a talk at Queenstown Community Library (QUCL) on Saturday, 25 Nov 2006. I'll be his assistant for that day.

Chun See is a management consultant by trade, and I think he conducts training as part of his work. I'm sure I'll be able to learn a lot by observing him in action. I'm already learning so much from reading his blog. He's a prolific and proficient blogger, who's also a frequent contributor to Yesterday.SG. He was posting videos to YouTube even before I'd even signed up for a YouTube account!

I've not collaborated with Chun See before. We're not sure if we'll have time to do a dry-run of the presentation before that day. But I'm confident we'll pull it off. It's not that I'm not giving this my 100% commitment. It's just that reading his blog regularly, and having met him (albeit much fewer times in person than online), I have quite a good sense of how well I would be able to work with him for a presentation. There's relatively less preparation involved also, since it's a talk and not a practical session.
Blogging for Senior Citizens
Date/Time : 25 November 2006 , 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm
Venue : Queenstown Community Library - Programme Zone
Subject : Education & Learning (English)
Presenter : Mr Lam Chun See and Mr Ivan Chew
Admission : Free admission

Blogging has become tremendously popular among young people in Singapore in recent years. Unfortunately there is a misconception among the older folks that blogging is technically very difficult is thus is only suited for the young and internet-savvy. The main aim of this talk is to explain what is blogging and to share with you the fun of blogging. You will also see a demonstration of how easy it is to start and create a blog.

Just realised Chun See mentioned about the upcoming talk as well. What a coincidence. BTW, even though the talk is aimed at Seniors, I think teens to adults will find it useful as well. Ah, I shall ask if my mum and dad if they want to attend the talk, heh.


Technorati Tags: , ,

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you guys are pulling this one off. It will be refreshing to see how seniors take to blogging.

    BTW, should we make this a yesterday.sg outing? I will be glad to help in publicising this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walter, it would be nice if we have an outing for FOYers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivan did not mention that the guys at Friends of Yesterday.sg are my teachers for matters relating to blogging. My teachers' presence in the audience will make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:52 am

    A good opportunity to give the elders a chance to publish their take on this world and also their rant on the past. More talks should be given at different venues.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.