Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Public library event: Blogging for Senior Citizens

Mr. Lam Chun See (, arguably the oldest blogger in Singapore, would be conducting a talk at Queenstown Community Library (QUCL) on Saturday, 25 Nov 2006. I'll be his assistant for that day.

Chun See is a management consultant by trade, and I think he conducts training as part of his work. I'm sure I'll be able to learn a lot by observing him in action. I'm already learning so much from reading his blog. He's a prolific and proficient blogger, who's also a frequent contributor to Yesterday.SG. He was posting videos to YouTube even before I'd even signed up for a YouTube account!

I've not collaborated with Chun See before. We're not sure if we'll have time to do a dry-run of the presentation before that day. But I'm confident we'll pull it off. It's not that I'm not giving this my 100% commitment. It's just that reading his blog regularly, and having met him (albeit much fewer times in person than online), I have quite a good sense of how well I would be able to work with him for a presentation. There's relatively less preparation involved also, since it's a talk and not a practical session.
Blogging for Senior Citizens
Date/Time : 25 November 2006 , 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm
Venue : Queenstown Community Library - Programme Zone
Subject : Education & Learning (English)
Presenter : Mr Lam Chun See and Mr Ivan Chew
Admission : Free admission

Blogging has become tremendously popular among young people in Singapore in recent years. Unfortunately there is a misconception among the older folks that blogging is technically very difficult is thus is only suited for the young and internet-savvy. The main aim of this talk is to explain what is blogging and to share with you the fun of blogging. You will also see a demonstration of how easy it is to start and create a blog.

Just realised Chun See mentioned about the upcoming talk as well. What a coincidence. BTW, even though the talk is aimed at Seniors, I think teens to adults will find it useful as well. Ah, I shall ask if my mum and dad if they want to attend the talk, heh.

Technorati Tags: , ,


  1. I am so glad to hear that you guys are pulling this one off. It will be refreshing to see how seniors take to blogging.

    BTW, should we make this a outing? I will be glad to help in publicising this.

  2. Walter, it would be nice if we have an outing for FOYers. :)

  3. Ivan did not mention that the guys at Friends of are my teachers for matters relating to blogging. My teachers' presence in the audience will make me nervous.

  4. Anonymous5:52 am

    A good opportunity to give the elders a chance to publish their take on this world and also their rant on the past. More talks should be given at different venues.


Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)