Their system runs on Wordpress, so even if you are not a UB student, maybe you'll find it useful. Or if you want to match Kevin's face to his voice, run the video!
A few thoughts from watching the video:
- Video tutorial is something I have wanted to do for ages. To show people how to use the OPAC, even how to reserve books etc. Any volunteers?
- And why not do a "homemade" video-tour of the library? A-la Reality-TV style.
- Useful to have an index (with brief annotation) when I run the video. List the video in segments (like a DVD menu). If I want to skip to certain parts of the video, I can.
- Consider posting a picture of the speaker. It helps to place a face to the sound and video.
- Would be cool to have a Comments feature on the video page. I might want to type in comments while watching.
- Or how about an IM chat button?
- On using the mouse when doing demos -- have Minimal Movement for the Mouse. And move it slower. It's different when you are on control of the mouse and doing a word document. But the audience will follow the mouse movement. You go in circles, their eyes track in circles.
Tag: blog tutorial