Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Collaborative Creative Commons music album: “2009 Twilight Under Velveteen Skies”

I’m pleased to share this music album with the world. A collaborative effort, featuring three other very talented and very cool people I befriended at ccMixter.
2009 Twilight Under Velveteen Skies

The project started serendipitously. Took seven months, involving three other people whom I've never met -- and probably never will.

It includes this original 4-way collaborative track, pieced together without having met one another - Under The Velveteen Skies:





It all started when I uploaded a sample to ccMixter in Nov 08, released under a Creative Commons license.

A few weeks later, someone remixed my sample. No explicit permission needed from me, as the CC license already covered my intent. When my track was remixed and posted in ccMixter, the system automatically notified me.

I can truly say the album was built upon the foundations laid by Creative Commons.

To read more of how that one thing led to the final album, read this post.

Hope you enjoy listening to this album. I sure enjoyed the process of putting it together.
2009 Twilight Under Velveteen Skies
Album cover adapted from "Leo Rising Over Trees, November 2002", originally uploaded by alexpgp/ CC BY-NC-SA 2.0.

Album: "2009 Twilight Under The Velveteen Skies".
By Ivan Chew and ccMixter friends:

Creative Commons License2009 Twilight Under Velveteen Skies by Ivan Chew & ccMixter Friends is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Singapore License.

Download the album at www.archive.org/details/2009TwilightUnderVelveteenSkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.