It's a two-day event from 11th to 12th October 2007 (course details here; also posted here):
"Introduction To New Media Communications" CourseWill be speaking on Day 1 (about NLB's new media initiatives) and conducting a workshop on Day 2 (on podcasting and podcasting).
The Civil Service College is pleased to launch a 2-day course that adopts an interactive and hands-on approach to explore key issues related to using new media as a communications tool.
Day 1 provides an overview of Singapore’s new media scene, and features industry practitioners and public service agencies that have implemented new media communications initiatives.
Day 2 takes a hands-on approach in helping participants understand the culture of new media through the process of creating content for new media platforms such as blogs, YouTube podcasts, and Wikipedia.
I'm just one of the six speakers/ trainers. I'll be in the company of knowledgeable and experienced individuals.
- Ms. Jennifer Chan - Director of Corporate Communications at the Ministry of Education and the Press Secretary to the Minister for Education.
- Mr. Michael Drury - Director of the Healthcare Practice in Edelman Singapore and Co-Chair of the Asia Pacific Healthcare Practice.
- Mr. Walter Lim - Director of Corporate Communications and Industry Promotion at the National Heritage Board (he's the guy who, with his team, initiated Yesterday.SG; whom I'm honoured to know professionally and personally)
- Mr. David Lee - Manager at MICA's New Media unit.
- Ms. Amanda Goh - head of the Corporate Practice in Singapore (for some reason, I couldn't find their website url...)
The programme is an intensive one. So I'm glad we have a reasonable number of participants to work with.
The session will be held at the Singapore Management University. Will be my first time there.