Thursday, October 18, 2007

Birthday Song: Library@Orchard

I'm still getting a buzz from Jeremy's Birthday Song for library@orchard. It was one of those "I'll just try my luck and see if anyone responds" emails to the group. Jeremy did, and I'm grateful. Hope that Jeremy is still on speaking terms with me, after I gave him a shock by submitting his post to Tomorrow.SG.

Since he was game enough to try, then I should do the same. To even up the score a little, so that he has less reasons to kick my butt at the next Songcraft meetup. LOL

Here's my Happy Birthday library@orchard song:

powered by ODEO
[Listen/ download at Archive.org]

I referenced the guitar chords for the "Happy Birthday" song from this webpage.

Then I adapted Jeremy's lyrics:
So it’s your birthday
And you’re eight years old now
Blow out the candles
Make a wish, take a bow
Even though you leaving
I still think you’re great
For you’re the land of the written word
You’re the Library@Orchard

Happy Birthday to you (repeat)


That's my contribution for the Happy Birthday library@orchard meme. I wonder if anyone would pick this up.

And thanks again, to Jeremy for taking the lead.


Creative Commons License

This work by Ivan Chew is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License. For permissions beyond the scope of this license , please contact via RamblingLibrarian@gmail.com.

RamblingLibrarian's Podcasts:
My Odeo Podcast

3 comments:

  1. Wow... Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:16 pm

    No problem, Ivan. I was happy to take up your offer of writing a birthday song for the Library@Orchard because it holds a special place in my heart. It was really more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing, haha!

    I like the part in your song which goes "Happy Birthday to you..." and the backup vocals on the second half of the song.

    P.S. Still recovering from shock at being featured on tomorrow.sg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:47 pm

    Hola Ivan
    As you are a Librarian Manager, indeed have many contacts with books. When I had less problems with my sight I read a lot, but now I prefer to hear than to read.
    It is a great pleasure to visit your nice blog, ( the first in Singapore I ever visited).
    Hoping to receive you on my little space I desire you all the best.
    From Brazil:
    Geraldo

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation. Leave a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.