I feel there are a few articles worth reading.
Two articles from Denmark, on the library service's future, and new competencies and staff roles.
An article about an English Children's library in Xiamen, People's Republic of China (the first-ever article featuring a library from the PRC, if I'm not mistaken).
Oh yeah, do read the one about the Teen Chat event between teens in Singapore and Germany.
Countries featured in this issue:
- DENMARK (p.3 - The library service’s future in Denmark)
- PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA (p.4 - "... first English Children’s library in Mainland China").
- SINGAPORE (p.6 - Teen Online Chat: Singapore & Germany)
- NETHERLANDS (p.9 - "The Library of 100 Talents")
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (p.11 - Summer Reading Programme & Mascot)
- The Chair Speaks
- Editor's Note
- New Competencies, Roles, and Staff for Children’s Libraries: Denmark
- Reading aloud in VMBO: Netherlands
- Website Reviews
- Highlights of Minutes: Mid-year meeting